GREGORY HARRIS EPSTEIN* is a Senior Counsel in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, and New York offices of Epstein Becker Green. Mr. Epstein works with clients throughout the health care industry, including managed care plans, health systems, device manufacturers, health care private equity sponsors and venture capital firms, and emerging and growth-stage health care companies. Mr. Epstein advises clients on a broad range of regulatory, strategic, transactional, reimbursement, and industry-related matters.
- Counsels clients on legal and regulatory compliance issues arising under federal health care programs
- Advises clients with regard to corporate structure, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, contracting, licensing requirements, capital structure, and strategic planning
- Provides health regulatory counseling on a range of compliance and reimbursement matters
- Advises health care providers, payors, and private equity sponsors on industry trends and policy developments
As part of his practice, Mr. Epstein has served clients during extended periods of on-site secondment, providing legal and strategic support to the general counsels and senior managers of various health care organizations. These secondments (ranging up to 6 months) include periods of on-site support to a nationally recognized managed care plan, a multi-region retail provider, and a leading health care venture capital firm.
Mr. Epstein also actively works with a number of health care companies as a board member and advisor, including Fallon Health Weinberg (Director), Appian360 (Director), Healthsense (Board Advisor), and Radius Ventures (Venture Advisor).
Mr. Epstein earned a doctorate in philosophy from New York University in 2011. Earlier, while at Harvard Law School, he received the Joseph Beale Conflicts of Law Prize, graduating with honors in 2008.
*Admitted in the District of Columbia and New Jersey; not admitted in New York.
- New York University (Ph.D., 2011)
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- Amherst College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2000)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- Board of Directors, Fallon Health Weinberg (a subsidiary of Fallon Health and Weinberg Campus)
- Board of Directors, Appian360
- Board of Advisors, Healthsense
- Venture Advisor, Radius Ventures