GREGORY HARRIS EPSTEIN is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green. Mr. Epstein works with clients throughout the health care industry, including managed care plans, health systems, device manufacturers, health care private equity sponsors and venture capital firms, and emerging and growth-stage health care companies. Mr. Epstein advises clients on a broad range of regulatory, strategic, transactional, reimbursement, and industry-related matters.
- Counsels clients on legal and regulatory compliance issues arising under federal health care programs
- Advises clients with regard to corporate structure, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, contracting, licensing requirements, capital structure, and strategic planning
- Provides health regulatory counseling on a range of compliance and reimbursement matters
- Advises health care providers, payors, and private equity sponsors on industry trends and policy developments
As part of his practice, Mr. Epstein has served clients during extended periods of on-site secondment, providing legal and strategic support to the general counsels and senior managers of various health care organizations. These secondments (ranging up to 6 months) include periods of on-site support to a nationally recognized managed care plan, a multi-region retail provider, and a leading health care venture capital firm.
Mr. Epstein has also worked with a number of health care companies as a board member and advisor, including Fallon Health Weinberg (Director), Appian360 (Director), Inception Fertility Ventures (Director), Fitzroy Health Holdings (Director), Cognitive Clinical Trials (Director), and Radius Ventures (Venture Advisor).
Mr. Epstein is also the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Epsilon Health Investors, a health care-focused investment firm and aggregating vehicle for a consortium of strong regional health systems.
Mr. Epstein is a guest lecturer at Cornell Tech, co-teaching a fall 2018 course in digital health law. He has earned a doctorate in philosophy from New York University and JD from Harvard Law School (graduating with honors and receiving the Joseph Beale Conflicts of Law Prize). In 2021, he was recommended by The Legal 500 United States in the area of Healthcare: Advice to Health Insurers.
- New York University (Ph.D., 2011)
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- Amherst College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2000)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Epsilon Health Investors (current)
- Board of Directors, Fallon Health Weinberg (a subsidiary of Fallon Health and Weinberg Campus) (current)
- Board of Directors, Appian360 (current)
- Board of Directors, Inception Fertility Ventures, LLC
- Board of Directors, Fitzroy Health Holdings, LLC (current)
- Board of Directors, Cognitive Clinical Trials (current)
- Venture Advisor, Radius Ventures (current)