ELIZABETH A. HARRIS is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green. She focuses her practice on health care government investigations and litigation matters.
Specifically, Ms. Harris:
- Provides assistance to health care clients undergoing inquiries, audits, or investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Inspector General, and other state and federal government authorities
- Represents clients in litigation arising under the Medicare and Medicaid programs and under the False Claims Act
- Assists clients in conducting internal reviews and investigations
- Defends health care individuals and organizations against claims of professional liability and medical malpractice
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Harris was an associate in a regional law firm, where she focused on the defense of professional liability and medical malpractice matters and general civil litigation. Prior to that, Ms. Harris lived in Okinawa, Japan, where she worked as a civilian attorney on a U.S. Marine Corps base advising clients on various civil and military-specific legal issues. In recognition of her service, she was awarded a Certificate of Commendation in 2014 by the Commanding General of Marine Corps Installations-Pacific.
While attending law school, Ms. Harris served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Roger Krauel at the San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, and volunteered for a community outreach program in San Diego.
- California Western School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2008)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Association of the Southern California Defense Counsel
- The Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court, Barrister (2016-2019)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers