High Stakes and High Priorities: Epstein Becker Green’s 34th Annual Workforce Management Briefing
New York Hilton Midtown
Government officials, in-house employment counsel, and Epstein Becker Green attorneys will address the latest labor and employment law developments and what they mean for your company.
This year’s program is designed for corporate counsel and other high-level professionals with employment, labor, benefits, and immigration law responsibilities.
7:45 a.m. – REGISTRATION & BREAKFAST
8:15 a.m. – WELCOME REMARKS
- Ronald M. Green, Co-Founder of Epstein Becker Green and Founder of its national Employment, Labor, and Workforce Management practice
- David W. Garland, Chair of the firm’s National Employment, Labor, and Workforce Management Steering Committee and Co-Chair of the 34th Annual Workforce Management Briefing
8:30 a.m. – MORNING PLENARY SPEAKER
Sharon Block, Esq.
Senior Counselor to the U.S. Secretary of Labor
Ms. Block is Senior Counselor to U.S. Secretary of Labor
Thomas E. Perez and was recently on detail to the White House,
serving as Senior Public Engagement Advisor for
Labor and Working Families.
9:15 a.m. – PLENARY PANEL DISCUSSION
Key Accessibility Challenges as the ADA Turns 25
- Introduction - Ted Kennedy, Jr., Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Jeanne Goldberg, Senior Attorney Advisor, Office of Legal Counsel, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Ms. Goldberg is Senior Attorney Advisor in the Office of Legal Counsel at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. She advises the Commission on the interpretation and application of the statutes that it enforces, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Frank C. Morris, Jr., Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Joshua A. Stein, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
10:15 a.m. – MORNING BREAK
10:30 a.m. – MORNING WORKSHOPS
WORKSHOP #1 – FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY
Limiting Exposure and Mitigating Risk: An Update for Financial Services Employers (1.5 CLE Credits)
WORKSHOP #2 – HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY
- Dr. Ina E. Hasdenteufel, Global Head of Employment Law, Credit Suisse AG
- Marc A. Mandelman, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Andy Richman, Associate General Counsel, Intercontinental Exchange | ICE
- George Carroll Whipple III, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
A Bitter Pill to Swallow: Increased Workplace Issues in a Demanding Health Care Delivery System (1.5 CLE Credits)
WORKSHOP #3 – RETAIL INDUSTRY
- Adam C. Abrahms, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- David E. Matyas, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Kerry Parker, EVP, General Counsel & Chief Risk Officer, Visiting Nurse Service of New York
- Anjana D. Patel, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Keith D. Wolf, Esq., Senior Vice President & General Counsel, SBH Health System
Attention Retail Employers: Legal Risks in Aisle 9 (1.5 CLE Credits)
WORKSHOP #4 – TECHNOLOGY, MEDIA, AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY
- Michael A. Brizel, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Fresh Direct
- Peter Damiano, Vice President & Associate General Counsel, J. Crew Group, Inc.
- Susan Gross Sholinsky, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Steven M. Swirsky, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
Labor and Employment Law in the Digital Age: Getting Control of Hot-Button Issues (1.5 CLE Credits)
WORKSHOP #5 – COMPLIANCE (ALL INDUSTRIES)
- Michelle Capezza, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Rebecca Clar, Vice President and Chief Counsel, AOL, Inc.
- Adam S. Forman, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Blake Reese, Senior Counsel, Google
- Ian Carleton Schaefer, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
Keep Calm and Focus on Workplace Compliance (1.5 CLE Credits)
WORKSHOP #6 – WAGE AND HOUR (ALL INDUSTRIES)
- James P. Flynn, Member of the Firm and General Counsel, Epstein Becker Green
- John F. Fullerton III, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Janice Reznick, Managing Director, Global Head of Legal HR, IT, and IP, Deutsche Bank New York Branch
- Stewart M. Scott III, Managing Director, General Counsel, Head of Legal, Daiwa Capital Markets America Inc.
Wage and Hour Compliance: You Are Not Exempt (1.5 CLE Credits)
12:00 p.m. – LUNCH AND KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Introduction of Keynote Speaker:
William J. Milani, Vice Chair of Epstein Becker Green’s Board of Directors and Co-Chair of the 34th Annual Workforce Management Briefing
Senior Vice President
Anchor & Managing Editor, FNC/FBN
1:45 p.m. – AFTERNOON WORKSHOP
ETHICS – GC Confidential: In-House Counsel and the Rules of Professional Responsibility (1 CLE Ethics Credits)
- Anthony Argiropoulos, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Maxine Neuhauser, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
2:45 p.m. – FINAL REMARKS AND CONCLUSION OF THE BRIEFING
Note: Epstein Becker Green is an approved provider of New York Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. The entire seminar is approved for 1.5 hours of credit in Professional Practice, and 1.0 hour of credit in Ethics, and is transitional and appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this briefing, the registrant must be present and sign in for each session they attend. Full scholarships to attend this briefing will be granted to nonprofit organizations, public sector employees and others for whom budgeting constraints would otherwise preclude attendance. To apply, send your request, stating the reason for your interest, to Kiirsten Lederer, at email@example.com.
Your Workplace. Our Business.®