GEORGE CARROLL WHIPPLE, III, is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. He hosts the firm's innovative weekly video program, Employment Law This Week.
Recommended by The Legal 500 United States (2016, 2017) in the Workplace and Employment Counseling category, Mr. Whipple:
- Counsels employers on workplace issues, including hiring and promotion, firing and discipline, wage and hour, and the implementation of employment policies, to ensure compliance with federal and state laws
- Conducts internal investigations on human resource compliance and regulatory issues
- Advises clients on non-competition and raiding issues
- Negotiates with incoming and outgoing employees, and prepares contracts
- Represents clients in trials, arbitrations, and mediations in the areas of compensation disputes and discrimination
- Represents employers in wage and hour and independent contractor collective actions and reviews
- Counsels clients on compensation plans and programs
- Handles legal fee reduction reviews
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Whipple was a Managing Director and Chairman of the Global Human Resources, Executive Compensation, and Employment Law Practice Group of a global financial services company. Mr. Whipple started his career at a large U.S. law firm, where he litigated employment cases for an American multinational technology and consulting corporation and tried the In re Birmingham Reverse Discrimination Employment Litigation. He later became the head of the employment law group at a U.S. investment bank.
Mr. Whipple received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Columbia College of Columbia University in New York City, earned a Juris Doctor degree from Columbia Law School, and attended Columbia University's Graduate School of Business.
- Columbia University School of Law (J.D.)
- Columbia University (B.A.)
- Class President
- John J. Coss Prize for Academic Excellence and Civic Responsibility
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association