ADAM S. FORMAN* is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, based in the Detroit and Chicago offices of Epstein Becker Green. As noted in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA, Mr. Forman “is well known for his knowledge of equal opportunity matters and emerging employment issues including procedures surrounding the use of technology in the workplace.” A frequent writer and national lecturer on issues related to technology in the workplace, such as social media, Internet, and privacy issues facing employers, Mr. Forman is often interviewed by newspapers, radio, and legal blogs on those topics.
In addition to his technology know-how, Mr. Forman’s experience includes:
- Defending against wage and hour disputes and claims of wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Representing management in labor arbitrations, unfair labor practice charges, and collective bargaining
- Regularly advising employers about issues and policies related to social media and the online conduct of employees
- Training workforces on employment law topics, such as how to conduct a workplace investigation
In 2016, Mr. Forman was elected to The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers as a Fellow, the highest recognition by one's colleagues of sustained outstanding performance in the profession, exemplifying integrity, dedication, and excellence. Also in 2016, Mr. Forman was selected to serve on the Labor and Employment Law Section Council of the State Bar of Michigan.
Mr. Forman has been ranked by Chambers USA in Michigan for Labor & Employment (2011-2016); selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in Labor and Employment Law (2010-2011) and Employment Law-Management and Labor Law-Management (2012-2015, 2017); named one of the “Up and Comers” on Lawdragon's “Most Powerful Employment Attorneys” list (2014-2016); recommended in The Legal 500 United States (2016) in the Labor-Management Relations category; selected to the Michigan Rising Stars list in Employment & Labor (2008) and the Michigan Super Lawyers list in Employment & Labor (2009-2016); and included in DBusiness Magazine’s “Top Lawyers 2012” list in the category of Labor and Employment Law.
Mr. Forman is also a Certified CSF Practitioner, a designation given by the Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST), an organization that provides training to develop and maintain effective security programs for health care and life sciences companies that comply with security laws, regulations, and standards, including HITECH, HIPAA, PCI, JCAHO, CMS, ISO, NIST, and various other federal, state, and business requirements.
*Admitted in Michigan; not admitted in Illinois.
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., 1996)
- Michigan State University (B.A., 1993)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Employer Co-Chair, Marketing Committee 2010-2011; Employer Co-Chair, Technology & Social Networking 2009-2012; Technology Track Coordinator, ABA 6th Annual Section of Labor & Employment Law Conference, Atlanta, GA, 2011-2012; Law Practice Development Track Coordinator, ABA 5th Annual Section of Labor & Employment Law Conference, Seattle, WA, 2010-2011
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Employer Co-Chair, Technology in the Practice and Workplace; Co-Chair, National Symposium on Technology in Labor & Employment Law, New York, NY, 2012; Planning Committee Member, National Symposium on Technology in Labor & Employment Law, New York, NY 2009-2010, 2010-2011
- Bloomberg BNA Labor and Employment Innovation and Technology Board, Member
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan Chapter; Co-Chair, Social Media Committee, 2010-2012
- Forgotten Harvest, Board of Directors, 2008-2011
- JARC, Board of Directors, 2016-present
- Jewish Community Relations Council of Metropolitan Detroit, Board of Directors, 2004-2010
- Leadership Detroit XXIX, 2007-2008
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Oakland County Bar Association, Employment & Labor Committee, Vice Chair, 2006-2007, Chair, 2007-2008
- Orchards Children's Services, Board of Directors, 2008-present; Chair, Governance Committee 2012; Board of Directors Vice Chair, 2016-2017
- State Bar of Michigan - Labor and Employment Law Section Council Member
- Temple Israel, Board of Trustees, 2012-2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Ad Hoc Electronic Court Filing (ECF) Committee