MAXINE NEUHAUSER is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management and Health Care & Life Sciences practices, in the Newark office of Epstein Becker Green. Her practice focuses on litigation and providing strategic advice and counsel to regional, national, and international corporations, in multiple areas of law, including labor and employment, intellectual property and non-competes, and health. Ms. Neuhauser has represented clients in numerous, diverse industries, including financial services, aviation, managed care, life sciences, and retail. She also represents social service agencies and other nonprofit organizations.
In addition, Ms. Neuhauser serves as a mediator and arbitrator in employment and business disputes. She is a New Jersey Court Rule 1:40 approved mediator and an American Health Lawyers Association Certified mediator and arbitrator.
Ms. Neuhauser's experience includes:
- Representing employers in discrimination and other employment matters, at both the trial and appellate levels, before federal and state courts and administrative bodies
- Providing advice and counsel to employers regarding employee relations and employment law matters, including discrimination, harassment, FMLA, wage and hour, wrongful discharge, restrictive covenants, and reductions-in-force
- Discrimination and harassment investigations
- Drafting policies, handbooks, and employment agreements
- Representing businesses in commercial litigation
- Representing health care providers and managed care organizations in regulatory and litigation matters
- Health care provider licensing and compliance
- Mediation and arbitration both as a neutral and as an advocate
Ms. Neuhauser was recommended in The Legal 500 United States (2016) for Workplace and Employment Counseling. She has also been named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list (2005 to 2016) in the areas of Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation: Defense, and Health Care, and was recognized as one of the “Top 50 Women Lawyers in New Jersey” by New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine (2007, 2008). She speaks and publishes frequently on a variety of employment and litigation topics and has been quoted in leading publications, including the Wall Street Journal.
Prior to joining the firm in 1987, Ms. Neuhauser was a New Jersey Superior Court - Appellate Division law clerk to the Hon. Theodore H. Botter, P.J.A.D. and thereafter served as a Deputy Attorney General for the State of New Jersey, where she counseled, litigated, and handled appeals on behalf of regulatory boards and agencies.
Among her many charitable and community activities, Ms. Neuhauser is a member of the Board of Trustees for Community Access Unlimited (Elizabeth, NJ) and a member of the Board of Trustees for the Enclave Home Owners Association (Shrewsbury, NJ). She is a co-founder of the Women’s Initiative of Epstein Becker Green and a member of the firm’s technology and pro bono committees.
- Rutgers University School of Law – Newark (J.D., 1983)
- Notes and Comments editor, Women's Rights Law Reporter
- Syracuse University (M.S., 1977)
- Tufts University (B.A., 1976)
- cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Bar Association, Labor and Employment, Health Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections
- Society for Human Resources Management