As employers, technology, media, and telecommunications (TMT) companies of all sizes face unique challenges in today’s environment—from big data analytics and data privacy and security, to protecting intellectual property, and to managing an agile workforce made possible by mobility and the cloud. Advancements in artificial intelligence will also change how work is performed and require companies to engage in strategic planning to minimize workplace disruptions. Additionally, innovations in health care delivery require counseling regarding regulatory, compliance, and medical liability risk management for health care organizations providing products and services associated with telehealth and mHealth. TMT companies need counsel who understand their business and are positioned to offer legal solutions that complement their business objectives.
The TMT attorneys at Epstein Becker Green bring a wealth of practical, results-driven experiences to bear in working with TMT companies seeking to stay ahead of the ever-changing legal landscape. Working in a coordinated manner, our TMT attorneys tailor the type and level of legal services to the particular needs of a TMT company client in a cost-efficient manner. Depending upon the nature of the matter that we are handling for a client, we can—and often do—draw upon the knowledge and experience of attorneys firmwide and nationally to develop a comprehensive strategy that will meet that client’s needs.
TMT companies rely on us for the following:
Employment, Labor, and Workforce Management Services
We advise and represent TMT companies on matters involving all aspects of labor and employment law, employee benefits and executive compensation, immigration, litigation, data privacy and security, and overall workplace management issues. Representative matters include:
- Advice and counsel regarding compliance with workplace employment and labor laws
- Preparation of employer handbooks
- Workplace training
- Drafting of anti-harassment/anti-discrimination policies
- Representation of management in collective bargaining and labor issues
- Counsel on reductions in force, and preparation of workplace transition policies
- Advice on the employment law implications of the use of big data, people analytics, and artificial intelligence in the workplace
- Counsel on the benefits and compensation programs to attract and retain talent
- Advice on HR technology
- Counsel on wearables in the workplace/accessibility
- Advice on the management of contingent workers/mobile workers
- Immigration services
- Advice on insider threat management/cybersecurity
Our TMT attorneys represent technology service providers in a broad range of commercial transactions, including software and content licensing, cloud-based technology services, technology transfer, strategic alliances, distribution, supply, joint development, consulting, confidentiality, subcontracting, and intellectual property and technology assignments. We also advise on entity formation, acquisitions and divestitures, and securities matters as well as negotiate contracts and provide compliance counseling.
Health Care and Life Sciences Services
Our TMT attorneys assist health care technology companies with FDA-regulation compliance throughout a product’s life cycle—from development to post-market compliance. We also conduct health care regulatory due diligence for transactions involving health care technology companies, counsel companies involved in all aspects of telehealth and mHealth, and provide advice on medical liability risk management.
Epstein Becker Green offers a wide range of dispute avoidance and litigation services to help TMT companies meet the challenges of compliance and litigation in both civil and criminal cases. When commercial litigation or business disputes arise, our clients rely on our team of highly skilled litigators to effectively advocate their interests. Our litigators have extensive experience resolving disputes in federal and state trial and appellate courts and arbitral forums and through mediation.
Privacy and Security
Epstein Becker Green has a dedicated team of attorneys who provide legal advice concerning cybersecurity and data privacy. Learn more about our privacy and security law experience.
We routinely advise and represent:
- Cloud computing providers
- Digital media companies
- Electronic device manufacturers
- Global information technology equipment and services companies
- Global telecommunications services companies
- Health care organizations providing telehealth services
- mHealth companies
- Software companies
- Startup and emerging technologies companies