Attorney Conor Murphy represents hospital systems, physician groups, ambulatory surgical centers and office-based surgical suites, private investors in the health care sector, management service organizations, diagnostic imaging centers, home care agencies, device and equipment distributors, and health care entrepreneurs in a broad spectrum of strategic and operational matters.
Conor’s services include the following:
- Advising on business strategy and guiding clients through entity formation and development, licensure, corporate compliance, ownership syndication, and managed care and government payor program issues
- Representing clients in asset and stock sales, mergers, consolidations, joint ventures, and alignment transactions as well as divestitures, withdrawals, partner disputes, liquidations, and dissolutions
- Counseling clients on regulatory matters, including structuring complex business ventures in compliance with health care fraud and abuse laws (federal and state anti-kickback rules and self-referral prohibitions), corporate practice of medicine restrictions, licensure and certification requirements, board regulations, and standards for operating health care facilities
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements including business combination, shareholder, operating, partnership, professional service, employment, management, equipment purchase and leasing, and other contractual arrangements
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Conor was an attorney in the Health Care Practice Group of a regional law firm.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, Health Care Law (2024). This award is conferred by Best Lawyers. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2005)
- Colgate University (B.A., 2000)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Health Law Section
- New York State Bar Association