Since its founding, Epstein Becker Green has been committed to diversity at all levels of the firm, including supporting women and minority attorneys within our national footprint and throughout the U.S. legal profession. In furtherance of our commitment, and recognizing the importance of women to business and professional communities, the firm launched the Women's Initiative in 2002, one of the first of its kind.
By providing unique opportunities inside and outside the office to network, share information, acquire new skills, and develop rewarding professional relationships, the Women’s Initiative of Epstein Becker Green endeavors to enhance the careers of professional women.
The Women's Initiative of Epstein Becker Green has been helping women develop their careers by hosting events that educate, entertain, and facilitate networking with other women professionals. Our events have included lectures, golf clinics, media skills workshops, fashion events, art exhibitions, and wine tastings, among others.
We are particularly proud of our speaker series, which has presented motivational and informative lectures by such accomplished women leaders and innovators as:
- Randi Zuckerberg, entrepreneur, bestselling author, and Founder and CEO of Zuckerberg Media
- Marsha Redmon, a former practicing lawyer and television journalist
- Julie Morgenstern, New York Times bestselling author
- Janice Marturano, Founder and Executive Director of the Institute for Mindful Leadership
- Sandra Leung, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of global biopharmaceutical company Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Amy Ellis Nutt, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
- Victoria Medvec, Ph.D., Executive Director of the Center for Executive Women at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
- Marianne J. Legato, M.D., F.A.C.P., Founder and Director of the Partnership for Gender-Specific Medicine at Columbia University, and an internationally recognized specialist and author
- Patricia Roos, Ph.D., Professor of Sociology and Co-Director of the Center for Women and Work at Rutgers University
We are pleased that the efforts of the Women’s Initiative and the firm continue to be recognized by others.
For example, Epstein Becker Green was recognized on Vault’s 2019 “Best Law Firms for Diversity – Diversity for Women” list, ranking in the top 20. The firm was also recognized in Law360’s 2017 “Glass Ceiling Report” as one of the best law firms for female attorneys, ranking number 10 in the category of firms with 150-299 lawyers.
The firm was named among the “50 Best Law Firms for Women” for 2015 by Working Mother magazine & Flextime Lawyers and was nominated for a Chambers USA Women in Law Award in 2014 and 2013, in the category of “Most Innovative Gender Diversity Initiative.” Also, the firm earned a 2014 WILEF “Gold Standard Certification” for successfully integrating and promoting a large percentage of equity women partners to top leadership and management positions.