When multinational and domestic employers face high-exposure claims involving their U.S.-based executives, they seek out Bill Milani. Bill has spent his career providing clients across the financial services, legal, retail, technology, and media industries with practical and cost-effective solutions to address a wide range of labor and employment law issues.
Bill’s many long-term clients highly value his candor when confronting harassment, retaliation, or discrimination in the C-suite. His transparent, no-surprises approach and pursuit of private mediation and arbitration, where appropriate, have saved clients from costly litigation and damaging publicity. After resolving disputes, Bill’s thorough audits, policy recommendations, and training programs help clients avoid similar claims in the future.
Non-U.S.-owned companies are hard-pressed to find a lawyer with Bill’s depth of experience helping companies understand the nuances of U.S. labor and employment laws. He also counsels clients on workforce reorganizations, severance and non-compete agreements, and pre-acquisition due diligence. He is seen as a forceful advocate who always has client goals top of mind. Bill frequently works with employers to develop legally compliant global policies and training programs that promote cohesive company-wide values and employee loyalty across offices and countries.
In addition, Bill heads Epstein Becker Green’s International Employment Law group and serves as the Vice Chair of the firm’s Board of Directors.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., 1981)
- Colgate University (B.A., 1978)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- International Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, International Employment Law Section
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Employment Law—Management and Labor Law—Management (2009 to 2021)
- Chambers USA: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business, Leader in New York Labor & Employment (2015 to 2020)
- City & State New York: “The Responsible 100” (2020)
- The Legal 500 United States: Workplace and Employment Counseling (2016 to 2020) and Labor and Employment Disputes (Including Collective Action): Defense (2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV® Peer Review Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell and The American Lawyer: Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment, (2013)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers: Employment & Labor (2011 to 2020)
- PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2008 to 2012)