WILLIAM J. MILANI is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice of Epstein Becker Green. Based in New York, he co-heads the firm's International Employment Law group and is the Vice Chair of the firm's Board of Directors.
Mr. Milani is actively engaged in the private practice of labor and employment law exclusively on behalf of multinational and domestic corporations, with particular experience representing clients in the financial services industry. He is ranked among the "Leaders in Their Field" by Chambers USA (2015 to 2020), and he has received an "AV Preeminent" Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of professional excellence. In 2013, he was cited by Martindale-Hubbell and The American Lawyer as a "Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment." He has also been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2009 to 2021) in the fields of Employment Law—Management and Labor Law—Management, recommended in The Legal 500 United States for Workplace and Employment Counseling (2016 to 2020) and Labor and Employment Disputes (Including Collective Action): Defense (2020), named to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list (2011 to 2019) in the area of Employment & Labor, and listed in PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2008 to 2012).
- Advises employers in a variety of industries on all facets of employment law, including compliance with EEO laws and other statutes governing the workplace
- Counsels employers on the prevention of personnel disputes, employee discharge and discipline and the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Has significant experience with the preparation of employment agreements and non-compete arrangements, the development of severance plans and policies and the employment-related issues attendant to mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and alternative dispute resolution
- Counsels multinational companies on the unique labor and employment law issues they face
- Conducts training around the world concerning harassment, diversity and EEO issues
Mr. Milani is on the adjunct faculty of the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, where he teaches courses concerning human resources and the law. He has lectured extensively throughout the United States and overseas. He contributes to the Financial Services Employment Law Blog and is the author of numerous publications on employment law issues.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., 1981)
- Colgate University (B.A., 1978)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- International Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, International Employment Law Section