When it comes to solving employment issues along the entire spectrum of employees, from those involving entry-level applicants to those concerning senior executives, or developing employment best practices, multinational and domestic employers seek out attorney Bill Milani. Across many industries—financial services, legal, retail, technology, media, and more—Bill has spent his career providing practical and cost-effective solutions to address the full range of labor and employment law issues that clients face. In fact, while Bill can help put out any fire, he frequently best serves clients by preventing fires in the first place.
Bill’s many long-term clients highly value his candor when confronting harassment, retaliation, or discrimination issues and claims impacting on the C-suite. His transparent, no-surprises approach and pursuit of private mediation and arbitration, where appropriate, have saved clients from costly litigation and damaging publicity. After resolving disputes, Bill’s thorough audits, policy recommendations, and training programs help clients avoid similar claims in the future.
Foreign-owned companies are hard-pressed to find a lawyer with Bill’s depth of experience helping companies understand the nuances of U.S. labor and employment laws. He also counsels clients on workforce reorganizations, severance and non-compete agreements, and pre-acquisition due diligence. He is seen as a seasoned strategist and trusted tactician who always has client goals top of mind. Bill frequently works with employers to develop legally compliant global policies and training programs that promote cohesive company-wide values and employee loyalty across offices and countries.
In addition, Bill heads Epstein Becker Green’s International Employment Law group and serves as the Vice Chair of the firm’s Board of Directors.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., 1981)
- Colgate University (B.A., 1978)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- International Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, International Employment Law Section
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Employment Law—Management and Labor Law—Management (2009 to 2021)
- Chambers USA: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business, Leader in New York—Labor & Employment (2015 to 2021)
- City & State New York: “The Responsible 100” (2020)
- The Legal 500 United States: Workplace and Employment Counseling (2016 to 2020) and Labor and Employment Disputes (Including Collective Action): Defense (2020 to 2021)
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV® Peer Review Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell and The American Lawyer: Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment, (2013)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers: Employment & Labor (2011 to 2020)
- PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2008 to 2012)