WENDY G. MARCARI is a Member of the Firm in the Corporate Services and Health Care and Life Sciences practices, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green, where she acts as the Managing Member. Her practice focuses on health care transactions as well as bankruptcy and corporate reorganizations.
Health Care Transactions
Ms. Marcari works with a wide range of health care clients, such as hospitals, health systems, physician practices, and other health care organizations. Services offered by Ms. Marcari to these clients include:
- Providing counsel in connection with mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and general corporate matters
- Structuring, drafting, and implementing business transactions
- Negotiating letters of intent, purchase agreements, management arrangements, service contracts, and employment agreements
- Making presentations to clients and boards of directors regarding transaction terms and legal issues
Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganizations
As part of her practice, Ms. Marcari represents secured and unsecured creditors, debtors, buyers, lenders, vendors doing business with debtors, landlords, defendants in adversary proceedings, and others. Her services include:
- Advising clients in various industries on creditors' rights, bankruptcy, and business reorganization matters throughout the country, with a particular emphasis on complex Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings
- Counseling health care clients regarding insolvency and restructuring issues, creditors' rights, and sale transactions within bankruptcy proceedings
- Litigating bankruptcy matters, including preferences and fraudulent conveyance claims, contested claim objections, and automatic stay relief
- Negotiating out-of-court resolutions of disputes and collection efforts
Ms. Marcari has represented:
- Physician practice of more than 130 physicians, in a transaction to join a New York health system
- Physician practice of more than 250 physicians in the New York metro area, in its affiliation with a large pediatric hospital
- Major academic medical center in an acquisition of hospitals
- New York health system in Chapter 11 acquisition of assets of a radiation oncology center
- Missouri health system in creditors’ rights matters and bankruptcy of its subsidiary hospital
- Secured creditor in Chapter 11 of Saint Vincent's Catholic Medical Centers of New York
- Debtor in Chapter 7 of HealthExtras, LLC
- Former executives in Chapter 11 of Interfaith Medical Center, Inc.
- Pension and retirement plan in Chapter 11 of ADI Liquidation, Inc., et al. (f/k/a White Rose Inc.)
- Largest unsecured creditor in the lumber and construction materials bankruptcies of Miron Building Supply, LLC, and Roper Brothers Lumber Company, Inc.
Ms. Marcari serves on the firm's Legal Recruitment & Professional Development Committee – NYC, and on the Executive Committee of the firm's Women's Initiative.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Marcari was a partner in a prominent, New York-based bankruptcy boutique firm, and then a partner in the bankruptcy and business reorganization group of a national law firm. She also served as Chair of the Board of Directors of a New York non-profit guardianship agency.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1993)
- State University of New York at Albany (B.A., cum laude, 1990)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring