SARAH V. FERRANTI is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Boston office of Epstein Becker Green.
She focuses her practice on counseling academic medical centers, research institutions, and biotech, pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and device companies on a range of clinical research matters, including:
- Human subjects protection, FDA regulatory requirements for clinical investigations, financial disclosure, subject injury, clinical trial reimbursement, and emergency use authorization and expanded access pathways
- The structure of research arrangements for industry-sponsored, investigator-initiated, and collaborative research studies, including the drafting and negotiation of CRO agreements, clinical trial agreements, and a variety of affiliation and research services agreements
- The preparation of informed consent forms and HIPAA authorizations, and the privacy and security of subject data and secondary use of data and biospecimens
Additionally, Ms. Ferranti advises health care providers on a range of regulatory issues, including:
- Accountable care organization formation and the structuring of relationships with providers
- Controlled substance matters, pharmacy matters, and the 340B Drug Discount Program
- Compliance with state and federal privacy laws, fraud and abuse laws, and professional and facility licensure requirements
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Ferranti was Counsel to the Health Care & Life Sciences Group of a New England regional law firm. Previously, she was a senior attorney in the Health Care Group of an international law firm.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2008)
- Order of the Coif
- Tufts University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2005)
- Judge Baker Children's Center Institutional Review Board (2010-2014), Community Member