PRIYA KAULICH is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Chicago office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Advises pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, health care technology companies, and life sciences companies on FDA compliance matters, with a focus on current good manufacturing practices (“CGMPs”), advertising and promotion, and post-market surveillance and reporting
- Assists clients in drafting and negotiating clinical trial agreements and maintaining clinical research compliance
- Reviews product labeling and evaluates criteria for substantiation and structure/function, health, disease, and nutrition claims
- Counsels telehealth and telemedicine companies regarding various legal and regulatory considerations including corporate practice of medicine, scope of practice, and state licensure requirements
- Advises hospitals and other health care providers on federal and state health care fraud and abuse issues, including anti-kickback and physician self-referral claims
- Conducts health regulatory due diligence reviews for mergers and acquisitions in the life sciences industry
Ms. Kaulich is a member of the Combination Products Coalition, a task force consisting of members of the drug, biologic, and medical device industry, whose aim is to work collaboratively with FDA on regulatory issues affecting combination products. Within the Coalition, she serves as Epstein Becker Green’s representative for the Postmarket Safety Reporting and Quality Systems Working Groups.
Ms. Kaulich is a contributing author of Epstein Becker Green's Telemental Health Laws app, a comprehensive survey of state telehealth laws, regulations, and policies for mental and behavioral health practitioners and stakeholders across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. She is also a contributor to the firm’s Health Law Advisor Blog.
While attending Chicago-Kent College of Law, Ms. Kaulich served as a Notes & Comments Editor of the Chicago-Kent Law Review. She also served as a Legal Intern for a large multinational medical device manufacturer, where she focused on health care regulatory, compliance, and transactional matters.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Notes & Comments Editor, Chicago-Kent Law Review
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.S., 2012)