Attorney Sheila Woolson focuses her practice on complex litigation matters across a wide array of commercial and employment disputes.
Sheila draws on her training as a chemist and her experience in the pharmaceutical industry as she represents clients in matters involving state and federal environmental disputes, products liability claims, and toxic torts—matters in which her scientific background is a significant asset. In addition, Sheila uses her experience to assist clients conducting environmental due diligence and remediation in connection with transactions and regulatory obligations.
Sheila assists clients with complex commercial litigation matters, including contractual disputes over indemnification provisions, lease terms, credit derivative swaps, tax sale certificates, restrictive covenants, and more.
Additionally, Sheila has been counsel for employers on more than 200 AAA arbitrations involving employment claims, ERISA, and severance issues.
In 2012, Sheila was selected for membership in the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), which is considered the preeminent organization of lawyers who provide litigation services and counsel to corporations and insurers throughout the world.
The author of a variety of articles on legal issues of interest to those facing complex litigation matters, Sheila is also a participant in the Women's Initiative at Epstein Becker Green and the firm's Toxic Tort, ERISA, and Health Care Litigation groups.
- Commercial and Contract Litigation
- Construction and Property Management Litigation
- Drug and Medical Device Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Employment, Labor & Workforce Management
- Environmental / Toxic Tort / Proposition 65 Litigation
- ERISA – Retirement and Benefit Plan Litigation
- Health Care Litigation
- Litigation & Business Disputes
- Product Marketing and Compliance
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden (J.D., high honors, 1995)
- Rutgers University (B.A., 1990)
- University College
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey State Courts
- New York State Courts
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
Professional & Community Involvement
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)