Clients depend on attorney Jeremy Oliver to help them navigate complex business issues and develop creative, forward-thinking solutions to a wide array of challenging legal problems.
Whether representing a sophisticated financial institution in bet-the-company litigation, or helping an entrepreneur negotiate a new business opportunity, he combines attention to detail, focus, and a level-headed demeanor to build rapport with individuals to advance client needs.
He has earned a strong reputation as a skillful, dynamic, and hard-working litigator, committed to helping clients meet their strategic objectives.
Jeremy has tried multiple jury and bench trials throughout his career, and his litigation experience includes successfully representing companies and individuals in state and federal trial and appellate courts across the country, as well as in alternative dispute resolution proceedings before third-party arbitrators and mediators.
His robust business and commercial litigation practice involves shareholder disputes, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and misrepresentation, interference with business relations, misappropriation of trade secrets, and other business torts. Clients also rely on Jeremy to represent them in government investigations, professional negligence, medical malpractice, products liability, and debtor-creditor disputes and to advise them on their general business and contract negotiations, enabling them to achieve their goals and minimize their risks.
Clients across a diverse range of industries, including health care, construction, commercial real estate, financial services, retail and hospitality, manufacturing, and engineering value Jeremy's commitment and competitive spirit in the realm of litigation and dispute resolution, particularly within the courtroom setting.
Jeremy is an editor of Epstein Becker Green’s Trade Secrets & Employee Mobility Blog. He also serves on the firm's Technology Committee.
In his spare time, Jeremy enjoys working out, coaching youth sports, playing golf, and watching football—splitting his collegiate allegiance between the Michigan Wolverines and the Tennessee Volunteers, and his professional allegiance between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Tennessee Titans.
- Business Torts, Competition & Trade Secrets
- Commercial and Contract Litigation
- Construction and Property Management Litigation
- Construction Law
- Financial Services Litigation
- Health Care
- Health Care and Life Sciences Investigations and Enforcement
- Health Care Construction Law
- Health Care Litigation
- Litigation & Business Disputes
- Real Estate
- Defended a leading operator of surgical facilities in a multimillion-dollar lawsuit in California filed by a minority shareholder alleging breach of fiduciary duty and unfair competition after the board of directors voted to terminate his ownership interest in the company.
- Represented a real estate developer in litigation seeking to void a renewal option in a commercial lease, enabling the client to market and sell the highly coveted property in downtown Nashville.
- Defended a software development company and majority owner in a shareholder dispute involving alleged breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and breach of contract.
- Represented a private equity-backed health care company in a contractual dispute with its therapeutic and management services provider.
- Defended a multistate real estate developer of a mixed-use site in Nashville in its defense of a lawsuit alleging property and business loss damages brought by an adjacent restaurant.
- Enabled a national, family-style restaurant to force the shopping center owner and nightclubs to abide by the restrictive easement.
- Represented a cannabis company in multistate litigation against an engineering and manufacturing company involving claims fraud, consumer protection act violations, negligence, breach of contract, and civil conspiracy.
- Represented a psychiatric services provider in an arbitration proceeding following a physician’s failure to honor the terms of the parties’ agreement.
- Represented a national franchisor in the damage restoration industry in a termination case involving breach of contract and discrimination claims.
- Represented a credit union in litigation against a corporation and its officers and majority shareholders following a failed business relationship that exposed the credit union to numerous government investigations. Jeremy secured a favorable settlement from the corporation’s CEO in bankruptcy court while mitigating the credit union’s exposure to claims from attorneys general nationwide.
- Defended a financial institution against allegations of consumer protection and deceptive advertising brought by multiple state attorneys general at both the trial and appellate court levels, concluding the matter on favorable terms.
- Served on a team of common counsel to a group of high-profile industrial companies identified as potentially responsible parties in connection with a federal Superfund site.
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators (2018 to 2023)
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation (2024), Litigation – Bankruptcy (2024)
- The Best Lawyers in America, “Ones to Watch,” Commercial Litigation (2022), Litigation – Bankruptcy (2023)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Business Litigation, Construction Litigation: Business, General Litigation, Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice: Defense (2017 to 2023)
- Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Nashville Business Journal, Top 40 Under 40 (2022)
- University of Tennessee College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- National Trial Team
- Moot Court Board
- Student Member, Admissions Committee
- University of Michigan (B.A., cum laude, 2007)
- James B. Angell Scholars Award
- Michigan Student Government
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee
- Court-Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), Nashville, Board Member
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court (2015 to 2017)
- Knights of Columbus
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Nashville Bar Association, Board Member
- Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Past President (2022)
- Nashville Bar Foundation Leadership Forum (Class of 2018)
- Nashville Children’s Alliance, Board Member
- Nashville Young Leaders Council (Class 72)
- Phoenix Club
- Tennessee Bar Association
- May 18, 2023
- April 5, 2022