Jeremy Brown’s practice focuses on representing and counseling employers on a wide range of labor and employment matters, including claims under employment discrimination laws, the National Labor Relations Act, and class actions.
Jeremy’s experience includes:
- Representing clients in complex employment litigation at the state and federal levels involving claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation under federal, state, and local laws; whistleblower claims; claims of defamation, breach of contract, and intentional torts; and claims under the FLSA and state wage and hour laws
- Counseling clients on employment law and human resource issues
- Representing clients in traditional labor relations law matters, including union organizing issues, strike preparation and strategy, election campaigns, bargaining, and day-to-day contract administration issues
- Handling numerous injunctions in federal and state courts in aid of enjoining strikes or other unlawful union activity
- Defending employers against unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board and at grievance arbitrations
- Advises clients on novel issues of employee relations, including drug testing and accommodation questions in the wake of recreational and medical marijuana (cannabis) laws recently passed in many states
Jeremy has successfully handled numerous high-profile class action litigations involving allegations of gender discrimination in compensation and promotion.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Jeremy was a Senior Counsel in the Labor & Employment Law Department of a major international law firm.