MARK A. MOSBY is a Member of the Firm and the Health Care and Life Sciences practice. He has more than 25 years of health law experience in support of health plans and health benefit organizations.
- Provides comprehensive legal services to health plans participating in government health benefits programs, such as the Medicare and Medicaid managed care programs
- Counsels on the implementation, assessment, and maintenance of health plan compliance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid compliance programs
- Advises on health information privacy issues, including compliance with HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Data Breach Rules
- Interprets and provides counsel on issues related to managed care laws
- Currently provides comprehensive on-site legal services to health plans, drawing on his prior in-house counsel experience to serve such plans’ present day-to-day needs
Mr. Mosby currently serves as General Counsel to a regional health insurance plan that also provides a variety of Medicare and Medicaid products. Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Mosby served as the Deputy General Counsel of a large provider-sponsored health plan, where he was responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the Legal Department and for providing legal support to the company's compliance, government programs, health management, Special Investigations Unit, and pharmacy programs. Before that he served as an attorney for a large multistate health plan’s national group life and disability insurance company and a dental plan administrator and network. For more than 10 years, Mr. Mosby also served as Director and Associate Counsel of the Regulatory Division at a national health benefits management company.
Mr. Mosby has presented on health law topics for the Illinois State Bar Association’s CLE program and other organizations.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 1985)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1982)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association, Health Care Section Council
- Spiritual Life Council, Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida