MARC A. MANDELMAN is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor, and Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. He represents a variety of clients—including major corporations in the financial, insurance, fashion, retail, publishing, technology, and health care field—in all aspects of labor and employment relations.
- Routinely advises clients on designing and implementing restructuring strategies and the management of litigation risks associated with terminations and restructuring, along with managing advance notification requirements for plant closings and mass layoffs
- Provides advice to clients on all aspects of the employment relationship, including wage and hour law compliance, leaves of absence, disability accommodations, performance management, employment contracts, and independent contractor assessments
- Counsels clients on developing policies, procedures, and employee handbooks
- Represents clients in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies with respect to discrimination and employment disputes, audits, and investigations
- Represents unionized employers in discharge and dispute arbitrations
- Provides daily advice and counsel to clients concerning collective bargaining agreements and on complying with applicable labor laws in the collective bargaining context
While attending law school, Mr. Mandelman was the Managing Editor of the Hofstra Labor Law Journal. He also clerked for U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael L. Orenstein for the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Mandelman was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2018, 2019) in the field of Litigation – Labor and Employment, and he was recommended in the Labor & Employment: Workplace & Employment Counseling category by The Legal 500 United States (2009 to 2013, 2016 to 2018).
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- Managing Editor, Hofstra Labor Law Journal, v. 10
- Hobart College (B.S., with honors, 1986)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- The Children's Law Center - Board of Directors
- Temple Emanuel of the Pascack Valley - Executive Committee (1st Vice President) and Member of the Board of Trustees