JOSEPH (“JOE”) E. LYNCH is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green. His clients include health care systems, clinical integration entities, academic medical centers, hospitals, physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers, provider networks, and other health care providers. Mr. Lynch has more than 30 years of experience in structuring, negotiating, and implementing a wide range of clinical and administrative transactions and in counseling clients on transactional, regulatory, and compliance matters. He has been recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers, The Legal 500 United States, and Washington, DC Super Lawyers. Nightingale Healthcare News named him one of the top 10 outstanding physician practice lawyers in the country.
Mr. Lynch’s experience includes:
- Conceptualizing, forming, and implementing hospital-physician integration organizations, strategies, and transactions, and developing, negotiating, and establishing clinical and administrative services joint ventures and contractual arrangements involving health care providers
- Representing health care entities in acquisitions, consolidations, and divestitures; operational issues; and strategic planning
- Advising health care providers regarding compliance with federal and state anti-kickback and referral prohibition laws and regulations, conducting compliance audits, and developing compliance plans
- Representing health care clients on government investigations and self-disclosures concerning the federal Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute
- Negotiating information system agreements and electronic health record agreements for health care systems, clinical integration entities, academic medical centers, hospitals, physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers, health information exchanges, health information networks, and other health care providers
Mr. Lynch previously served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable James H. Michael, Jr., of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia.
- University of Virginia (J.D.)
- Cornell University (B.A.)
- District of Columbia