JEREMY M. BROWN is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Newark office of Epstein Becker Green. His practice focuses on representing and counseling employers on a wide range of labor and employment matters, including claims under employment discrimination laws, the National Labor Relations Act, and class actions.
Mr. Brown's experience includes:
- Representing clients in complex employment litigation at the state and federal levels involving claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation under federal, state, and local laws; whistleblower claims; claims of defamation, breach of contract, and intentional torts; and claims under the FLSA and state wage and hour laws
- Counseling clients on employment law and human resource issues
- Representing clients in traditional labor relations law matters, including union organizing issues, strike preparation and strategy, election campaigns, bargaining, and day-to-day contract administration issues
- Handling numerous injunctions in federal and state courts in aid of enjoining strikes or other unlawful union activity
- Defending employers against unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board and at grievance arbitrations
Mr. Brown has successfully handled numerous high-profile class action litigations involving allegations of gender discrimination in compensation and promotion.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Brown was a Senior Counsel in the Labor & Employment Law Department of a major international law firm.
Mr. Brown was selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list (2012 to 2018) and the New Jersey Rising Stars list (2007 to 2009) in the area of Employment & Labor. He was recommended by The Legal 500 United States in the Labor and Employment Litigation category (2010 to 2013), Labor-Management Relations (2017 to 2018), and Workplace and Employment Counseling (2016 to 2018). Mr. Brown was also included on the "Forty Under 40" list by the New Jersey Law Journal (2009).
- State University of NY at Buffalo School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1992)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section