Alicia Maziarz, Associate, presents “How to Manage ADA- and FMLA-Related Leave” for the National Business Institute (NBI).
When it comes to employee leave, many employers struggle to grasp the ins and outs of the ADA and the FMLA. This informative program delves into the interaction between the ADA and the FMLA, general rules for creating FMLA policies, essential guidelines for determining whether a reasonable accommodation causes an undue hardship and more.
- Reviewing the latest legislative changes
- The relationship between the FMLA, ADA, workers’ comp and other laws
- How to determine whether leave qualifies as a reasonable accommodation
- FMLA Leave – verifying and responding to requests
- How to manage intermittent leave: Essential guidelines
- Creating and updating FMLA policies
- Leave abuse and misuse: Investigation best practices
- Disciplining and firing workers on leave: Avoiding critical mistakes
For more information and to register, please visit NBI-Sems.com.