Presented by Epstein Becker Green Attorney
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Registration, Breakfast, and Networking
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Program and Q&A Session
Hiring employees can result in significant liability for the unwary and uneducated. As plaintiffs continue to look for new ways to make a quick buck, even the most seasoned executives and human resources personnel can make a misstep, resulting in six and seven figure judgments against your company.
Companies in the hospitality industry are particularly susceptible to discrimination and retaliation lawsuits based on a theory of failure to hire or promote. Lawsuits in this industry have centered on every aspect of the hiring process, including the job advertisement, the employment application, the interviewing process, the background check, and the ultimate hiring decision. The goal of this presentation is to provide the nuts and bolts of “do’s and don’ts” to help your company minimize potential legal liabilities.
This presentation is part of our regular monthly breakfast series, which is specifically designed for hospitality company executives and human resources professionals. This session will cover:
- Legal pitfalls of job advertisements and job descriptions
- Do’s and don’ts of job applications
- Best practices for interviewing candidates
- Social media and conducting background checks under Georgia and federal law
- What to include in an offer letter and/or employment agreement
- Hot button issues to help your company avoid liability
Registration Is Complimentary
For more information and to register, please contact
Carla Llarena: email@example.com, (404) 869-5363.