Cassandra Labbees, Member of the Firm, speaks on “ERISA Basics” at the 2023 ERISA Fiduciary Investment Basics program, hosted by the Practising Law Institute.
This panel discusses key definitions and fiduciary concepts that apply when investing plan assets.
Participants learn to:
- Define important ERISA terms (e.g., fiduciary, plan assets, “party in interest”)
- Discuss ERISA’s fiduciary responsibility rules (e.g. prudent person standard)
- Differentiate settlor functions from ERISA fiduciary functions
- Identify ERISA prohibited transactions and certain exemptions
- Understand ERISA’s limits on exculpation, insurance and/or indemnification
For more information, please visit PLI.edu.