New York, NY (September 25, 2012) — The national law firm of Epstein Becker Green (EBG) today announced it has launched the Management Memo blog, which will provide employers with new developments, trends, and useful insights about union organizing, collective bargaining and negotiations, and administration of collective bargaining agreements.
“The pressure on management and their labor relations professionals can be very overwhelming, especially when dealing with an organizing threat, contract negotiations, a strike, defending the company in arbitration, or going before the National Labor Relations Board. Failure to keep current on the ever-changing world of labor relations can be hazardous; therefore, we hope that our blog will be a much-used resource in providing vital information,” said Adam Abrahms, one of the co-authors of the blog and a Member of the Firm in the Labor and Employment and Health Care and Life Sciences practices, in the Los Angeles office.
“This blog will provide a great opportunity to share information and insights with employers about important developments in labor law that impact all employers, not only those whose workers are represented by unions or being organized,” said Steven Swirsky, one of the co-authors of the blog and a Member of the Firm in the Labor and Employment and Health Care and Life Sciences practices, in the New York office.
“Epstein Becker Green’s labor attorneys have been involved in the formulation and enforcement of national and state labor policy at the highest levels. This collective experience in representing employers large and small in all aspects of labor-management relations is what set us apart,” said David Garland, Chair of the firm’s national Labor and Employment Practice Steering Committee.
The firm has represented private sector, not-for-profit, and government employers in the following areas:
- Union organizing campaigns and union corporate campaigns; and
- Representation and decertification cases before the NLRB and state agencies; and unfair labor practice proceedings before the NLRB and state agencies; and
- Advice and counsel with respect to mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations; and
- Prosecution and defense of damages claims by and against labor organizations; and
- Strikes, secondary boycotts, picketing and hand-billing, mass demonstrations and violence or vandalism; and
- Successfully represented employers in hundreds of grievance-arbitration proceedings (including disciplinary, discharge or contract interpretation grievances) and contract negotiations (including bargaining for multi-employer associations and single employers with multi-state and national contracts)
Visit the Management Memo blog at www.managementmemo.com.
About Epstein Becker Green
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., is a national law firm with a primary focus on health care and life sciences; employment, labor, and workforce management; and litigation and business disputes. Founded in 1973 as an industry-focused firm, Epstein Becker Green has decades of experience serving clients in health care, financial services, retail, hospitality, and technology, among other industries, representing entities from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Operating in locations throughout the United States and supporting domestic and multinational clients, the firm’s attorneys are committed to uncompromising client service and legal excellence. For more information, visit www.ebglaw.com.