Lafe E. Solomon, Acting General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board
Steven M. Swirsky, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
Terence H. McGuire, Editor, Labor & Employment, Practical Law Company
Join Practical Law Company for a free 75-minute webinar in which top NLRB prosecutor, Lafe Solomon, and Steven M. Swirsky, Epstein Becker Green, will discuss their respective views on the latest NLRB initiatives and developments.
The NLRB continues to scrutinize employment practices in both unionized and non-unionized private sector workplaces, including the following practices:
- Requiring employees to enter mandatory arbitration agreements that waive rights to bring class actions about employment disputes.
- Including at-will employment statements or disclaimers in employee handbooks.
- Requesting that employees keep confidential information that is revealed to them during internal investigations.
- Prohibiting employees from posting reputation-damaging comments on social media.
In this program, attendees will learn:
- Factors that the NLRB considers when deciding whether to prosecute unfair labor practices based on these employment practices.
- Legal considerations surrounding these employment practices besides compliance with the National Labor Relations Act.
- What’s next on the NLRB’s prosecutorial agenda and how employers can prepare.