George B. Breen and David E. Matyas, Members of the Firm, will each speak at the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) Annual Meeting, which runs from June 24 to 27.
On June 25, Mr. Breen will copresent “The Government’s Focus on Individual Accountability: What You Need to Know and What You Can Do About It,” at 2:00 p.m. Topics include:
- An overview of the government; authorities to hold individual’s accountable for fraud committed by a corporate entity
- Trends in government exercise of this authority
- What compliance departments should do to respond
Later, at 4:30 p.m., Mr. Matyas will copresent “Initiatives to Improve Healthcare Among Diverse Populations” in a session sponsored by the AHLA Advisory Council on Diversity. Topics include:
- Increasing diversity among healthcare professionals
- Improving cultural competencies by healthcare entities
- The role of new technologies and medical advancements in improving care to minorities
For more information, visit HealthLawyers.org.