The AHLA/HCCA Fraud and Compliance Forum (September 26-28, 2010) will provide practical guidance on the pressing legal and compliance issues that have arisen in the last twelve months. The program is designed specifically for compliance officers and health attorneys who must advise their clients and institutions on the latest developments in fraud and abuse and compliance issues. Attendees will hear from leading private practitioners and representatives from the Office of Counsel to the Inspector General, the Department of Justice, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
On Monday, September 27, Douglas Hastings, Chair of the Board of Directors, will co-present “Private Sector Activity and Public Sector Enforcement Priorities in the Accountable Care Era” with Lewis Morris.
- Application of the fraud and abuse laws to accountable care organization financial relationships
- Guidance from HHS/CMS to date on compliance with the Stark, Antikickback and CMP statutes in the context of Section 3022 of the PPACA
- Will ACOs under contract with CMS be able to operate in the same way in private pay arrangements?
- OIG enforcement perspectives on ACOs and distinguishing appropriate collaboration from improper payments
- ACO governance and structural considerations and their relation to compliance
For more information, visit http://www.healthlawyers.org/Events/Programs/2010/Pages/FC10.aspx.