GREGORY R. MITCHELL is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Negotiates and drafts managed care agreements by and among managed care companies, insurers, hospitals, health systems, independent practice associations (IPAs) and similar provider organizations, behavioral health and substance use disorder treatment providers, physicians, and ancillary providers relating to Medicare Advantage, Medicaid managed care, as well as fully-insured and self-insured lines of business
- Negotiates and drafts agreements relating to innovative payment models, including full-risk/capitation, bundled payment, and shared savings/losses models
- Prepares agreements relating to the delegation of management functions by managed care entities to third parties
- Negotiates and prepares managed care agreements between health care providers and managed care entities and insurers for reimbursement in traditional reimbursement models
- Advises health care clients on general corporate and business transactions
In addition, Mr. Mitchell has spoken and coauthored articles on various health care topics including social determinants of health, encounter data, and the Affordable Care Act’s impact on health insurance and providers.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Mitchell was an attorney in the Health Services and Corporate Practice Groups of a Long Island law firm.
While attending Emory University School of Law, Mr. Mitchell interned with the general counsel’s office at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and with the general counsel for a multinational pharmaceutical company. He was the recipient of the American Bar Association Health Law Section and Bureau of National Affair’s Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law. Mr. Mitchell also obtained a Master of Science in Bioethics, focusing on clinical ethics, from Union Graduate College and the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Union Graduate College/Mount Sinai School of Medicine (M.S., 2013)
- Union College (B.A., cum laude, 2010)
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York