GREGORY R. MITCHELL is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Negotiates agreements by and among managed care companies, insurers, hospitals, health systems, behavioral health and substance use disorder treatment providers, physicians, and ancillary providers
- Advises health care clients on general corporate and business transactions
- Oversees and performs health care regulatory due diligence in various transactions, including asset and equity acquisitions of ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) and group practices, as well as various joint ventures
- Analyzes business relationships for compliance with the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Medicare “anti-markup” rule, and other fraud and abuse laws, and structures business ventures for compliance with such fraud and abuse laws
In addition, Mr. Mitchell has spoken and coauthored articles on various health care topics.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Mitchell was an attorney in the Health Services and Corporate Practice Groups of a Long Island law firm.
While attending Emory University School of Law, Mr. Mitchell interned with the general counsel’s office at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and with the general counsel for a multinational pharmaceutical company. He was the recipient of the American Bar Association Health Law Section and Bureau of National Affair’s Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law. Mr. Mitchell also obtained a Master of Science in Bioethics, focusing on clinical ethics, from Union Graduate College and the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Union Graduate College/Mount Sinai School of Medicine (M.S., 2013)
- Union College (B.A., cum laude, 2010)
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York