When Union Organizing Trumps Patient Care – Aggressive Contract Management Tactics: Part III of the HEAL Labor Relations in 2013 Webinar Series: What Health Care Industry Employers Should Know Now
Registration Is Complimentary! Webcast Space Is Limited!
Please join Epstein Becker Green's Labor & Employment practitioners for a discussion focusing on new and more aggressive tactics and strategies being employed by health care industry unions.
In Part I and Part II of the series, we reviewed tactics that health care unions, including the SEIU, CNA/NNU and NUWH, have been using to organize new union members and tactics employed during the negotiating process. This next webcast will offer insight into union activities and practices used during the contract management period and offer defensive solutions for employers.
Epstein Becker Green attorneys will discuss:
• Just cause for discipline: building a winning case
• Managing layoffs and recalls
• Exercising management rights
• Grievances and arbitrations
• Contract interpretation and past practice
• Unfair labor practices
• Mid-term bargaining obligations, merit pay, and other economic strategies
• Managing union access, influence, and protests
• Building the record for successor negotiations
• The contract management plan
Epstein Becker Green Labor Attorneys
Adam C. Abrahms
This webcast is complimentary, but space is limited.
For additional Information, please contact
Elizabeth Gannon at 202/861-1850 or [email protected].
Visit our Health Employment and Labor Blog.