New State and Local Laws Change Employers’ Obligations: A Clear Law Institute Webinar
Susan Gross Sholinsky and Jeffrey Landes, Members of the Firm, will present "New State and Local Laws Change Employers' Obligations," a webinar hosted by the Clear Law Institute.
This webinar will address the ramifications of newly-enacted state
and local laws throughout the country on an employer's handbook policies
and general operating procedures.
The program will include a discussion of the following laws:
- Paid and unpaid sick time laws
- Rules pertaining to vacation/PTO accrual, carry-over, and payout on termination of employment
- "Ban the box" and other laws pertaining to using criminal history to make employment decisions
- Pregnancy accommodation laws and notice requirements
- Laws pertaining to employees' ability to bring guns to the workplace and the employer's parking lot
Laws permitting medical and other lawful marijuana use
- Drug testing laws
- State family and medical leave laws
- Minimum wage and overtime rules, including the legality of the "fluctuating workweek" method of calculating overtime.
For more information, click here.