Health Care Privacy and Security Forum: Business Associates Under HIPAA and HITECH: Present and Anticipated Definitions, Contracts, Obligations, and Liabilities
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Patricia Wagner, Member of the Firm, copresents "Business Associates Under HIPAA and HITECH: Present and Anticipated Definitions, Contracts, Obligations, and Liabilities" at ACI's Second Annual Health Care Privacy and Security Forum.
- Analysis of the expansion of HIPAA Business Associate definition under HITECH Act
- which entities, now — actually or anticipated under the Final Rule — are considered business associates?
- health information exchanges?
- health information organizations?
- regional health information organizations?
- e-prescribing portals?
- law firms?
- personal health record providers?
- Internet service providers?
- Understanding when a subcontractor is a business associate
- downstream persons and entities analysis
- Current business associates obligations under HIPAA vs. those actually or anticipated under the final rule
- Examining amendments to business associate agreements as required by Final Rule
- Exploring civil and criminal liabilities applicable to business associates under proposed rule
For more information, visit AmericanConference.com.