Epstein Becker Green China Initiative Presentation
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Epstein Becker Green Bank of China and Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles present A Special, Two-Part Program for Chinese Companies Doing Business In The United States and American Companies Seeking Investment Opportunities Abroad.
Morning Session Topics:
- Bringing your managers to the United States in compliance with U.S. immigration laws
- Establishing your U.S.-based operation: setting up best practices for HR, payroll and administrative functions
- Guiding your management on hiring, employee counseling and termination
- Counseling foreign multinationals on U.S. labor and employment issues
- Safeguarding your brand and intellectual property through Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Programs
- Understanding corporate compliance
- Navigating the intricacies of international trade practices and customs laws
- Protecting your company's proprietary information and trade secrets
- Dealing effectively with court litigation and arbitration
- Understanding employee health insurance and retirement plans: administration and regulation
- Considering opportunities to acquire U.S. companies
Afternoon Session Topics:
- Introducing China's merge and Acquisition rules
- Facing the challenges of China's Labor Contract Law and Anti-Discrimination rules
- Introducing current banking and finance, and tax law and regulations in China
- Understanding China's newly effected Anti-Monopoly law and its practice
- Working through the intricacies of Intellectual Property
- Understanding corporate social responsibility and social compliance standards
- Exercising due diligence over the extraterritorial application of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance and other extraterritorial US laws
Please RSVP no later than Thursday, September 9, 2008.
To register, click here.
If you have any trouble registering, please contact Ingez Rameau-Compean [email protected] .