EDWARD M. YENNOCK is a Senior Counsel in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management and Litigation practices, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. He focuses his practice on the areas of employment disputes and complex civil litigation.
In 2017, Mr. Yennock was named to the New York Metro Rising Stars list, in the areas of Employment Litigation: Defense and Employment & Labor.
- Represents employers in lawsuits, arbitrations, and mediations involving a range of employment law issues, including breaches of restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements, compensation disputes, misappropriation of confidential information and trade secrets, raiding, partnership disputes, and harassment and discrimination claims
- Conducts internal investigations and prepares employers for anticipated litigation and regulatory action
- Prosecutes and defends appeals in federal circuit courts of appeal around the country
In addition, Mr. Yennock understands the nuances of litigating matters that attract substantial public and media scrutiny. He works closely with institutional clients’ broader crisis management teams to ensure that an embattled client’s interests are being protected both inside and outside the courtroom.
- Conducted an internal investigation of claimed employee misconduct on behalf of a prominent medical institution
- Advised a major pharmaceutical company regarding matters of compliance with an FDA consent decree
- Counseled financial firms engaged in the business of litigation funding on a range of issues related to their existing and prospective investments, including risks and upside associated therewith as well as privilege and document retention issues
- On behalf of a client involved in multibillion-dollar, transnational environmental litigation, prepared winning appellate briefs submitted before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, and D.C. Circuits, and successfully opposed a Petition for Writ of Certiorari before the Supreme Court of the United States
- Defended the City of New York and its private contractors against thousands of claims arising from the post-9/11 recovery and clean-up operation at the World Trade Center disaster site
- Defended a global manufacturer of organic and specialty foods against multimillion-dollar claims arising from a nationwide product recall
- In a multi-jurisdictional trademark infringement litigation, executed a removal and transfer strategy resulting in dismissal of counterclaims
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Yennock was associated with an international law and public-policy firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. While at law school, Mr. Yennock served on the Editorial Board of the Seton Hall Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law. He also served as an intern at the New York State Office of the Attorney General’s Litigation Bureau in Manhattan, where he assisted in the defense of harassment and discrimination suits and other employment-related litigation.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- University of Delaware (B.A., 2003)
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York City Bar Association