DAVID E. WEISS is a Member of the Firm in the Corporate Services and Health Care and Life Sciences practices, in the firm’s New York and Newark offices. In 2017, Mr. Weiss was recommended by The Legal 500 United States in the area of Healthcare: Service Providers. His clients include health care providers and health care service companies, including for-profit and nonprofit hospital systems, and public and private health care services companies, as well as clients in the private equity, computer software and services, accounting, pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology, manufacturing, printing, energy, public relations, marketing and communications, lodging, retail/apparel, media, education and training, market research, insurance, and telecommunications industries.
- Represents emerging and established companies on corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, securities registration, and general corporate matters
- Advises and assists senior executives and management teams in connection with employment agreements, management buyout transactions, and rollover equity arrangements
- Counsels companies and their boards of directors on corporate governance issues
Mr. Weiss is an adjunct professor of law at Cornell Tech, where he co-teaches a course on digital health law.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Weiss was a Member at a large regional law firm. Previously, he was a Partner in the New York office of an international law firm and also served as outside general counsel to City Harvest, Inc., a nonprofit food rescue organization based in New York.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Student Writing Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Moot Court Board
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1990)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association