DAVID E. WEISS is a Member of the Firm in the Corporate Services and Health Care and Life Sciences practices, in the firm’s New York and Newark offices. In addition, he co-leads the firm’s Business Services team.
Mr. Weiss represents public and privately-held companies in the health care industry, including for-profit and tax-exempt health care providers, health care service companies, and other life sciences, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. He also represents public and privately-held companies in a wide variety of other industries, including private equity, computer software and services, accounting, law, consulting, manufacturing, printing, energy, public relations, marketing and communications, lodging, retail/apparel, media, education and training, market research, insurance, and telecommunications.
- Represents emerging and established companies on corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, securities registration, and general corporate matters
- Advises and assists senior executives and management teams in connection with employment agreements, management buyout transactions, and rollover equity arrangements
- Counsels companies and their boards of directors on corporate governance issues
Mr. Weiss was recommended by The Legal 500 United States in the areas of Healthcare: Service Providers (2017) and M&A: Middle Market (2019).
Mr. Weiss is an adjunct professor of law at Cornell Tech, where he co-teaches a course on digital health law.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Weiss was a Member at a large regional law firm. Previously, he was a Partner in the New York office of an international law firm and also served as outside general counsel to City Harvest, Inc., a nonprofit food rescue organization based in New York.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Student Writing Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Moot Court Board
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1990)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association