DANIEL L. FAHEY is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Chicago office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Advises hospitals and other health care providers on regulatory matters, including licensing laws, the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the physician self-referral law (also known as the “Stark Law”), the False Claims Act, and equivalent state fraud and abuse laws and regulations
- Advises clients on health information privacy issues, including compliance with HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2
- Counsels health care clients on transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- Conducts health regulatory due diligence reviews for mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures
Mr. Fahey is a contributing author of Epstein Becker Green's Telemental Health Laws app, a comprehensive survey of state telehealth laws, regulations, and policies for mental and behavioral health practitioners and stakeholders across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Fahey served as in-house counsel for a large hospital system in the Midwest, where, among other things, he provided legal advice to senior leaders on complex regulatory issues and handled various health care transactions.
While attending law school, Mr. Fahey served as a Student Extern in the Office of General Counsel at a large academic medical center in Wisconsin. He also served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Frank Remington of the Dane County Circuit Court in Madison, Wisconsin.
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2016)
- Secretary, Health Law Society
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A., 2013)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys