CARLY BARATT is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management and Litigation & Business Disputes practices, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents clients in employment-related litigation on a broad array of matters, including claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and breach of employment contract
- Counsels employers with respect to federal and state wage and hour compliance, including exempt/non-exempt classification, meal and rest periods, bonus and commission plans, and various other compensation agreements and arrangements
- Counsels clients in the health care and financial industries through a range of investigations and enforcement proceedings brought by federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the Office of the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program, the New York State Department of Financial Services, the New York State Office of the Attorney General, the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General, and the Federal Transit Administration
- Represents clients in actions involving residential mortgage-backed securities; securities, accounting, bank, or health care fraud; and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Defends clients in False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute cases (including qui tam litigation)
Her pro bono practice has included securing asylum status for a Malaysian refugee, obtaining a favorable settlement for an artist in a breach of contract action in New York Supreme Court, and defending an elderly tenant in an eviction proceeding.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Baratt was a Senior Litigation Associate in the Government Enforcement and Business Securities Litigation Practice Groups of an international law firm. While at law school, Ms. Baratt received CALI "Excellence for the Future Awards" in Employment Discrimination and Health Care Law.
- Tulane University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
- Columbia University (B.A., cum laude, 2006)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York