Epstein Becker Green Recognized as a Top Law Firm for Diversity in 2013 by The American LawyerMay 31, 2013
NEW YORK (May 31, 2013) — The national law firm of Epstein Becker Green (EBG) is pleased to announce that it has been recognized as a top law firm for diversity by The American Lawyer in its 2013 "Diversity Scorecard" ranking. The firm ranked #29 in the nation in 2013 as compared to #33 the previous year.
The "Diversity Scorecard" is The American Lawyer's annual ranking of large U.S. law firms according to their percentage of minority attorneys and their percentage of minority partners.
EBG is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and fostering a culture that promotes diversity in its recruitment, professional development, and ongoing communications. Forty percent of the firm's attorneys and 27 percent of the firm's members are women, and minorities make up 33 percent of the entire firm, including 13 percent of firm members. In addition, EBG's diversity is also reflected by the fact that women and/or minority firm members are represented at all leadership levels — on the board of directors, in senior management, on all board steering committees, and at the office managing shareholder level.
EBG recently obtained numerous other notable diversity recognitions. For example, the firm:
- Was selected as an ACQ U.S. Leading Diversity Law Firm of the Year for 2013 by the Financial Times in its ACQ Global Awards.
- Received a top rating in 2013 as one of the best places to work, for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgender people in the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index.
- Received a top ranking and was recognized among the top "Best Law Firms for Women" by Working Mother & Flex-Time Lawyers for 2012.
- Ranked as one of the top 10 law firms for female partners in a 2012 survey conducted by Law360.
- In 2012, ranked fifth on MultiCultural Law magazine's "Top 100 Law Firms for Women" list, fifth on its "Top 25 Law Firms for African-Americans" list, eighth on its "Top Law Firms for Partners" list, and 38th on its "Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity" list.
- Was awarded a "Gold Standard Certification" in 2012 by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum for successfully integrating and promoting a large percentage of equity women partners to top leadership and management positions.
About Epstein Becker Green
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., founded in 1973, is a national law firm with approximately 275 lawyers practicing in 11 offices, in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, New York, Newark, San Francisco, Stamford, and Washington, D.C. The firm is uncompromising in its pursuit of legal excellence and client service in its areas of practice: Health Care and Life Sciences, Labor and Employment, Litigation, Corporate Services, and Employee Benefits. Epstein Becker Green was founded to serve the health care industry and has been at the forefront of health care legal developments since 1973. The firm is also proud to be a trusted advisor to clients in the financial services, retail, and hospitality industries, among others, representing entities from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our commitment to these practices and industries reflects the founders' belief in focused proficiency paired with seasoned experience. For more information, visit www.ebglaw.com.