AMY K. DOW is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the firm's Chicago office.
- Counsels clients regarding the research, approval, sale, and promotion of pharmaceuticals, biologics, and medical devices
- Drafts and negotiates agreements with providers of clinical and non-clinical development services
- Counsels clients regarding fraud and abuse issues associated with pharmaceutical and medical device development and marketing activities
- Develops good promotional practices and other policies and procedures related to pharmaceutical and medical device development and marketing activities
- Conducts health regulatory due diligence for transactions in the life sciences industry
Some of Ms. Dow’s recent engagements include the following:
- Developing and delivering training modules on legal and regulatory requirements for the promotion of drug, medical device, biological, and tissue products
- Developing and delivering policies and training on scientific communications for a medical device manufacturer
- Assisting a pharmaceutical manufacturer in developing global compliance policies in anticipation of the launch of its first product
- Supporting the vendor and research institution contracting needs of a pharmaceutical manufacturer client that initiated a global Phase III clinical trial of more than 50 sites in a dozen countries in coordination with the contract research organization and an international network of local counsel
Ms. Dow’s recent transactional experience includes leading U.S. and European health care regulatory due diligence and regulatory integration activities in connection with the acquisition of a global medical device business. She has been recommended by The Legal 500 United States (2014 to 2018), in the area of M&A: Middle-Market (Sub-$500M).
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Dow was a Senior Clinical Research Associate at a large contract research organization, where she monitored Phase II, III, and IV pharmaceutical clinical trials.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- cum laude
- University of Arizona (B.S., 1996)
- magna cum laude, Microbiology
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Life Sciences Law 360 Editorial Board