ALKIDA KACANI is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management and Litigation & Business Disputes practices, in the firm's Newark office. She concentrates her practice on employment and commercial litigation.
- Represents clients in employment-related litigation on a broad array of matters, including claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, constructive discharge, and wage and hour litigation, concerning state and federal employment statutes
- Counsels clients on implementing employment practices and procedures, such as employee handbooks and stand-alone policies; the accommodation of employee disabilities; hiring, disciplinary, and termination decisions; medical leaves of absence; and overtime, minimum wage, and classification issues
- Litigates trade secret, non-compete, non-solicitation, raiding, and other restrictive covenant matters in various industries
- Assists government agencies in the investigation and prosecution of trade secret theft matters
- Represents businesses in various sectors in diverse and complex commercial litigation matters
Ms. Kacani was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” (2021) in the field of Commercial Litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Kacani served as a law clerk to the Honorable Francine A. Schott of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Part, Essex Vicinage.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Rutgers University (B.A., 2007)
- magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey State Courts
- New York State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York