AIME DEMPSEY is a Member of the Firm in the Litigation and Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practices, in the firm's New York office. She handles a broad range of commercial and employment-related matters in federal and state courts and before arbitration tribunals and administrative agencies.
Ms. Dempsey has experience representing clients in a wide variety of industries and areas, concentrating on the financial services industry, but also including the advertising and media, health care, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and distributing, and not-for-profit industries. She is a member of the firm's Technology, Media, and Telecommunications strategic industry group.
- Represents clients in FINRA and American Arbitration Association arbitrations; such representation includes, among other things, handling customer disputes against financial services industry clients
- Represents financial services and other clients in restrictive covenant and related matters in federal, state, and arbitration forums
- Represents clients with respect to allegations related to the suitability and scope of financial investments, including disputes among financial entities as well as claims from customers
In 2019, Ms. Dempsey was recommended by The Legal 500 United States in the area of Labor and Employment Disputes (Including Collective Actions): Defense. Additionally, Ms. Dempsey has assisted in writing columns appearing in The New York Law Journal on securities-related topics and has given CLE-qualified seminars on New York practice. She is active in her community, currently sitting on the Board of Trustees for non-profit Briarcliff Nursery School and the Executive Board of the local PTA. Ms. Dempsey was also a Cub Scout den leader.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Carleton College (B.A., 1984)
- cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association