TAMARA L. BOCK is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management and Litigation practices, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents employers in federal and state trial and appellate courts and in arbitrations and mediations on a broad range of employment law issues, involving, among other things, breach of employment contracts, restrictive covenants, and confidentiality agreements; compensation disputes; misappropriation of confidential information and trade secrets; raiding; partnership disputes; and harassment and discrimination claims
- Represents clients in complex commercial litigation matters, including business and banking disputes and real estate, contract, breach of fiduciary duty, limited liability company law, and securities actions
- Advises prospective hires in the financial services industry on employment issues, including restrictive covenants, employment contracts, and the confidentiality of business information
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Bock was an attorney at a litigation boutique in New York City, where she focused on complex commercial litigation, including sophisticated business disputes and employment, real estate, contract, and securities matters. Previously, she was a litigation attorney at an international law firm, where her practice included securities, antitrust, and bankruptcy litigation.
Ms. Bock received her law degree from New York University School of Law, where she was Managing Editor of the Annual Survey of American Law. She previously served as manager of the Post-Soviet Media Law and Policy Newsletter, and her work has appeared in The New York Times, the New York Real Estate Reporter, and the Stanford Law & Policy Review.
- Won a motion to dismiss multimillion-dollar claims of fraudulent conveyance and breach of fiduciary duty from an alleged scheme to loot a company
- Obtained a favorable resolution of a $10 million federal action against an employee for breach of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets, and breach of a confidentiality agreement
- Represented a leading real estate firm in multiple class actions arising out of a multibillion-dollar IPO involving allegations of breaches of fiduciary duties, contract, partnership, and limited liability company law
- Represented a national insurer regarding an employee-orchestrated raid of an entire corporate division
- Served on a litigation team defeating a motion to dismiss a $2 billion claim for breach of contract, dubbed by the Financial Times as “the biggest [Russian] oligarch legal battle in the US”
- Served on a litigation team that obtained multiple successful appellate rulings for a telecommunications company in defeating a $300+ million claim of a breach of a settlement agreement
- Conducted internal investigations on behalf of international banks related to mortgage-backed securitizations and the foreign exchange market
- Represented a commodities trading entity in international arbitration regarding a breach of a supply contract
- Represented a major international bank in mediation regarding employee compensation disputes
- Columbia University School of Journalism (M.S., 2010)
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Managing Editor, Annual Survey of American Law
- Reed College (B.A., 1996)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York