The Final Omnibus HIPAA Rule: Urgent Webinar
1/24/2013 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. EST / 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. PST
Presented by the Epstein Becker Green Privacy Group
Patricia M. Wagner
Robert J. Hudock
Participation is complimentary and pre-registration is required.
Epstein Becker Green is pleased to announce a webinar concerning the long-awaited Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") regulations released January 17, 2013 by the Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights ("HHS").
The rule becomes effective March 26, but covered entities and their business associates have until September 23 to comply. Among key provisions finalized in the rule are requirements that entities with which traditional HIPAA-covered entities have relationships that involve protected health information comply with certain HIPAA Privacy and Security rule obligations.
This webinar will review:
- Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy and Security rules mandated in the Health Information for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
- Changes to the HIPAA enforcement rule;
- Final regulations concerning reporting of data breaches; and
- Modifications to the Privacy Rule as required in the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA).
Who Should Attend:
- Health Insurers
- Group Health Plans
- Vendors that service customers in the health care industry
Areas of Focus