PATRICIA M. WAGNER is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences and Litigation practices, in the firm's Washington, DC, office.
Ms. Wagner's experience includes the following:
- Advising clients on a variety of matters related to federal and state antitrust issues
- Representing clients in antitrust matters in front of the Federal Trade Commission and the United States Department of Justice, and state antitrust authorities
- Advising clients on issues related HIPAA Privacy and security
- Advising clients on issues related to state licensure and regulatory requirements
Ms. Wagner is a contributor to the Health Law Advisor and speaks and writes frequently in her areas of practice. Selected presentations and articles include the following:
- Contributor to ABA Health Law Series: E-Health, Privacy, and Security Law: Evaluating Antitrust Concerns in the Electronic Marketplace, 2nd ed.
- Speaker at Massachusetts Medical Society Symposium: "A Path to Accountable Care Organizations: How Do We Get There from Here?" (September 13, 2011)
- Panelist at Federal Trade Commission Workshop: "Another Dose of Competition - Accountable Care Organizations and Antitrust" (May 9, 2011)
- Lecturer in DC Bar Introduction to Health Law Series: "Managed Care Contracting" (2005 to 2012)
- Presentation for Lorman Group: "Privacy Compliance for Medical Records" (February 2008, November 2008, and December 2008)
- Presenter in Webinar: "HIPAA and Wellness Programs" (March 2007)
- Coauthor with William G. Kopit, Dagher Redux: Searching for the Missing Pieces, 39 J. HEALTH L. 349 (Summer 2006)
Prior to practicing law, Ms. Wagner received her doctorate in microbiology (1990) from the University of Kansas. With that degree, she worked as a research microbiologist at a number of research institutions around the country, including the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- cum laude, Certificate, Health Law Studies Program
- University of Kansas (Ph.D., 1990)
- University of Kansas (B.A., 1984)
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association