NATHANIEL M. GLASSER is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green, where he co-leads the Health Employment and Labor (HEAL) strategic industry group. His practice focuses on the representation of leading companies and firms, including those in the health care, financial services, publishing, and media industries, in all areas of labor and employment relations.
Mr. Glasser’s experience includes:
- Defending clients in employment litigation, from single-plaintiff to class action disputes, brought in federal court, state court, and arbitration tribunals involving claims of unlawful discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, defamation, alleged violation of the FLSA and state wage and hour laws, and whistleblowing
- Representing clients facing charges at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, the District of Columbia Commission on Human Rights, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the New York City Commission on Human Rights, and other administrative agencies at the federal, state, and local levels
- Counseling employers on a wide array of employment-related issues, including terminations and reductions in force; management of personnel problems; disciplinary actions; compliance with wage and hour, family and medical leave, disability, and discrimination laws; and the drafting of employment handbooks and policies
- Leading, conducting, and advising on the internal investigation of complaints of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and other alleged unfair treatment
- Providing anti-discrimination and anti-harassment training
Mr. Glasser also provides pro bono services for various not-for-profit organizations, which include conducting internal investigations, leading employment law training seminars, and assisting in the creation of employment policies and handbooks.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Glasser practiced labor and employment law in the New York and Washington, DC, offices of a major international law firm.
While attending law school, Mr. Glasser served as the Executive Editor of the New York University School of Law’s Journal of International Law and Politics. After graduating from law school, he clerked for the Hon. William G. Bassler of the U.S. District Court of the District of New Jersey.
Mr. Glasser was recommended by The Legal 500 United States (2016) in the Workplace and Employment Counseling category, and he was named to the New York Metro Rising Stars list (2014) and the Washington DC Rising Stars list (2016) in the areas of Employment & Labor and Employment Litigation: Defense. He also received The Legal Aid Society Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service in 2006 and 2008 and has been named Empire State Counsel by the New York State Bar Association five times.
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)
- DC Bar (Labor and Employment Section)
- New York State Bar Association