MICHAEL F. MCGAHAN is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office, where he is a member of the firm's traditional labor team. He has over 35 years of experience representing employers in a wide range of industries including health care, insurance, hospitality and theater.
Mr. McGahan's experience includes representing employers in:
- Collective bargaining, mediation, and grievance arbitration
- Proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board, including representation and unfair labor practice hearings and appeals
- Counseling with regard to compliance with federal, state and local laws affecting employment including Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA and NLRA
- Proceedings before administrative agencies, such as the EEOC and New York State Division of Human Rights
- Employment litigation in federal and state courts
- Preparation and review of employee handbooks, policies and forms.
- Comprehensive, company-wide review and advice and counsel on appropriate classification of employees as "exempt" or "non-exempt" under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state wage-hour laws.
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D.)
- Fordham University (B.A.)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section