MARK A. MOSBY is a Member of the Firm and the Health Care and Life Sciences practice. He has more than 20 years of health law experience in support of health plans and health benefit organizations.
- Provides comprehensive legal services to health plans participating in government health benefits programs, such as the Medicare Advantage, Part D, and Medicaid managed care programs
- Counsels on federal and state fraud and abuse laws, including compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute
- Counsels on the implementation, assessment, and maintenance of health plan compliance programs, including Medicare Advantage and Part D compliance programs
- Advises on health information privacy issues, including compliance with HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Data Breach Rules and the HITECH Act
- Interprets and provides counsel on issues related to managed care laws
- Currently provides comprehensive on-site legal services to health plans, drawing on his prior in-house counsel experience to serve such plans’ present day-to-day needs
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Mosby served as the Deputy General Counsel of a large provider-sponsored health plan, where he was responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the Legal Department and for providing legal support to the company's compliance, government programs, health management, Special Investigations Unit, and pharmacy programs. Before that, he served as an attorney for both a group life and disability insurance company and a dental plan administrator. Mr. Mosby also served for more than 10 years as Director and Associate Counsel, overseeing the Regulatory Division at a national health benefits management company.
Mr. Mosby has presented on health law topics for the Illinois State Bar Association’s CLE program.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 1985)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1982)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association, Health Care Section Council
- Michigan Health Care Fraud Task Force
- University of St. Francis, School of Health Administration Advisory Board