JEFFREY M. LANDES is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the firm's New York office. He was recommended by The Legal 500 United States (2016) in the Workplace and Employment Counseling category.
Mr. Landes' experience includes:
- Counseling clients in a variety of industries—including financial services, retail and communications—in all facets of employment law, including compliance with EEO laws and other statutes governing the workplace, independent contractor issues, executive terminations, restrictive covenants, drug testing, background checks, employee discipline and terminations, reorganizations, workplace investigations, leaves of absence, and development of handbooks and personnel policies and procedures
- Preparing employment, consulting and separation agreements
- Counseling multi-national companies in unique labor and employment law issues
- Conducting wage/hour and human resource audits
- Conducting workplace training sessions for employees and managers and human resources personnel concerning performance management, harassment, diversity, EEO issues, and wage/hour issues, including pay practices and exempt/nonexempt classification issues
- Representing employers in wage/hour audits before the U.S. Department of Labor and other federal and state administrative agencies
Mr. Landes is a past member of the Labor and Employment Committee of the Bar Association of the City of New York and currently a member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Committee of the New York State Bar Association's Labor and Employment Section.
Mr. Landes is the author of numerous publications on employment law issues and frequently lectures on a range of workplace issues to business and employer groups and at several leading universities.
An active volunteer for several charitable organizations, Mr. Landes is a member of the Board of Trustees of The Browning School. In addition to modern art, he enjoys racquet sports and running and is an avid sports fan.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 1992)
- Vassar College (B.A., 1987)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section: Equal Employment Opportunity Committee
- New York City Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Committee Member (former)