ELIZABETH S. TORKELSEN is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, at the Firm's Stamford office.
Ms. Torkelsen's experience includes:
- Representation of management clients in all aspects of employment litigation before state and federal courts and administrative agencies in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York, and on appeal.
- Employment practice counseling on subjects such as disability laws, discrimination, employment policies, handbooks, individual employment issues, and reductions in force.
- Sexual harassment avoidance and other policy training.
Prior to joining EBG, Ms. Torkelsen was a litigation associate at law firms in Massachusetts and New York.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 1992)
- cum laude; Articles & Citations Editor & Staff Writer, Boston College International & Comparative Law Review
- Bates College (B.A., 1987)
- cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York