TONY L. HUBER* is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care & Life Sciences and Corporate Services practices, in the Newark office of Epstein Becker Green. His clients have ranged from small closely held businesses and middle-market private equity funds to Fortune 500 and Fortune 50 companies in a wide variety of industries, including health care, pharmaceuticals, retail, manufacturing, telecommunications, franchising, and many others. His broad background and his range of industry knowledge allow him to provide clients with timely and thorough advice surrounding proposed and completed transactions.
Mr. Huber’s experience includes:
- Assisting public and private corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies in various tax aspects of transactions and corporate governance, including mergers, acquisitions, debt and equity issuances, liquidations, reorganizations, dispositions, and distressed/restructuring matters
- Negotiating and drafting transactional documentation and agreements
- Providing ongoing and general tax planning, including recurring and one-off events
- Assisting foreign and domestic clients with inbound and outbound international tax issues, including FBAR and FATCA compliance, transfer pricing, and tax structuring, planning, and controversy
- Preparing and issuing tax opinions regarding both planned and completed corporate transactions and general tax planning issues, and advising on complex transactions throughout the decision and transaction life cycle, including available government and tax incentives and post-deal integration
In addition, Mr. Huber has rendered tax opinions on some of the largest and most publicized mergers and acquisitions of U.S. and multinational companies in the past several years.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Huber served as Counsel in the Federal & International Taxation Group of a regional law firm. Previously, he was a Manager in the Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Division at one of the Big 4 accounting firms. Mr. Huber is also a Certified Public Accountant in Georgia.
*Admitted in Georgia and North Carolina; not admitted in New Jersey.
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2001)
- Managing Editor, Journal of Intellectual Property Law, 2000-2001
- University of Georgia (M.B.A., 1998)
- Kennesaw State University (B.B.A., 1996)
- North Carolina
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- North Carolina Court of Appeals
- North Carolina Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina