SIDRA S. GALVIN is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green, focusing on health care regulatory and compliance, managed care, and HIPAA privacy issues.
- Drafts managed care agreements by and among managed care organizations, insurers, hospitals, health systems, independent physician associations (IPAs), and carve-out managed care entities
- Advises hospitals, academic medical centers, and other similar provider organizations in such areas as managed care and payment reform, physician integration, health care reform, medical staff matters, and governance
- Provides assistance to clients in preparing for, and responding to, government audits and investigations
- Counsels clients on federal and state health care fraud and abuse laws, including the False Claims Act, the Stark Law, and the Anti-Kickback Statute
- Provides advice on compliance issues, including those related to HIPAA and other privacy laws and regulations, as well as state corporate practice of medicine prohibitions
- Drafts privacy policies and data use and business associate agreements on behalf of HIPAA covered entities and business associates
Prior to joining the firm in 2018, Ms. Galvin received her Juris Doctor from New York University School of Law, where she was a Filomen M. D’Agostino Scholar for Women and Children and a Root-Tilden-Kern Scholar.
Ms. Galvin discovered her passion for serving health care providers during her first job, when she worked in a medical office owned by her parents, both primary care physicians, during high school.
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2018)
- Advanced Family Defense Clinic, Family Defense Clinic, Reproductive Justice Clinic
- Filomen M. D’Agostino Scholar for Women and Children and Root-Tilden-Kern Scholar
- Health Law and Policy Society, Policy Chair
- Columbia University (M.A., summa cum laude, 2014)
- Loyola University Chicago (B.A., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- New York